Todd Boehly to leave Chelsea in 2027 after failed relationship with fans: Reports

Todd Boehly to leave Chelsea in 2027 after failed relationship with fans: Reports

Todd Boehly will no longer act as Chelsea’s chairman from 2027, DailyMail reported. The American businessman was appointed to lead The Blues operation in 2022 with a five-year contract. Considering what has happened with the London-based club, it is reported that the club’s majority shareholders will not extend the agreement.

Clearlake Capital, led by Behdad Eghbali and Jose Feliciano owns 61.5 percent of Chelsea’s stake while Boehly has an equal split of the remaining 38.5 percent with two other fellow owners Hansjorg Wyss and Mark Walter. 

Also Read: Romeo Lavia Injury: Chelsea star to not feature in the 2023/24 season after major setback

Todd Boehly’s relationship with fans are falling apart

In 2022, it was agreed that Boehly would play the key role of the club’s daily run including transfer policy despite having a minority stake. Eghbali and Feliciano were supposed to do the role themselves but handed it to Boehly in the end. 

Boehly’s relationship with Chelsea fans has worsened in the last few weeks. Chelsea Supporters’ Trust (CST) warned the club’s owner about “irreversible toxicity” if things do not change at the club. Chelsea have already spent loads of cash during the Boehly reign but most of his incomings have not performed as expected.

Next matches