- Full name- Aleksandar Mitrovic
- Date of Birth-16th September 1994
- Nationality- Serbian
- Birth Place- Serbia
- Height- 6.2 feet
- Current Team- Al-Hilal
- Position- Striker
- Net worth- $12 million
Aleksandar was born on 16th September 1994 in Serbia. This 28-year-old athlete’s nickname is Mitro. He was a very outgoing, socially confident, and rigid kind of child. His parents were a little dissatisfied with him. However, with the support and blessings of his family, he has achieved this current position as a successful football player. His passion for sports was from his childhood. He was associated with Partizan and Newcastle for most of the time of his career. By nationality, he is a Serbian.
He started his professional career with Partizan as a young player. Before moving to the senior squad in 2011–12, he scored 7 goals in 25 matches for Teleoptik’s under-23 team.
- On 27 June 2012 Mitrovic made his first professional contract with Partizan. After struggling for 9 minutes, he scored the first goal from the club’s side, and as a result, they became qualifiers for the Champions League against Maltese side Valletta.
- Against Tromso, Mitrovic scored a header in the Europa League play-off round on 23 August 2012.
- Despite being the youngest player, he was the top scorer of Partizan with 15 goals in 36 games. He got the name Jelen SuperLiga Team of the Season for his excellent performance.
- With a recorded transfer fee of €5 million, he was sold to Anderlecht. He assisted 2 matches in his debut with this club.
- In the last round of the Champions League Group C, against Olympiacos, MitroviÄ came on as a substitute for Silvio Proto on 10 December 2013. Proto had been sent off in the first half of the match, and MitroviÄ missed the chance to save a penalty kick that would have been a goal. Scoring 16 goals MitroviÄ ended up in his first season in Belgium, helping Anderlecht to a 33rd league title.
- In the Super Cup 2014-15 season, Anderlecht defeated K.S.C. Lokeren. With his score, Anderlecht made a great comeback in the Champions League Group D match against Arsenal.
- With 20 goals he became the top scorer in the Pro League, and in all competitions, he scored 28 goals.
- It was a five-year deal that Mitrovic signed with Newcastle United on 21 July 2015 for the reported amount of £13 million.
- He made his Newcastle debut on 9th August and scored first with Manchester City on 3 October.
- In the Tyne-Wear derby, he headed a draw of 1-1 match against Sunderland on 20 March 2016.
- At Norwich City on 2 April MitroviÄ scored two in the 3–2 defeat, including a penalty. In the history of the Premier League, he is only the sixth player to score one goal, assist one goal, and receive a red card in the same game after competing in the high challenge with Kyle Walker.
- Mitrovic played in the EFL Cup as his debut after a long-suspended phase in his career. In the quarter-final for him, this team won 6-0 over Preston North End. At the same time, he started his League career also.
- The third-round match was started by Mitrovic against Birmingham City on 7 January 2017. Media has showcased elbowing him in West Ham’s Manuel Lanzini’s head and he was suspended for the next three matches.
- Due to a back injury, MitroviÄ was sidelined in mid-December.
- Mitrovic made his first debut for Fulham and win over Nottingham Forest on 3 February. He made five goals in the last six matches of this club against Sheffield Wednesday and Sunderland.
- Mitrovic became a permanent player of this club with a reported initial amount of initial fee of £22 million.
- He then scored six goals in his next five games, including a four-goal in a 5-0 drubbing of Luton Town, to become the club’s all-time leading scorer alongside former team-mate Dwight Gayle. The following month he was named as the club’s ‘Player of the Month’ for October.
- He was banned for 3 games for elbowing Ben White and resumed playing Championship in June.
- In 2018-19 Mitrovic finished the season with 26 goals and became the player of the season.
- After that, he missed many changes due to his injuries and COVID-19. MitroviÄ returned in August to Fulham’s starting lineup under new manager Marco Silva, by scoring four goals in four games.
Al-Hilal is one of the top-most clubs of the Saudi Pro League. This season Al-Hilal has announced Motrovic as a new permanent player of their club on 19th August 2023. After five days he scored the first goal for this team in a 4-0 win over Al-Raed. He made the first hat-trick at the club in a 4-3 away win over Al-Ittihad.
- In the 2012 UEFA European Under-19 Championship, Mitrovic scored four goals for the Serbian National Under-19 team.
- Serbia U19 manager Ljubinka Drulovic recalled MitroviÄ for two Euro 2013 U19 qualifying games after MitroviÄ’s senior national team debut against Belgium.
- Mitrovic scored three goals in two matches to qualify the Serbia team for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- On 12 November 2020, MitroviÄ missed Serbia’s fifth penalty in a 5-4 penalty shoot-out against Scotland. It denies his country’s qualification for Euro 2020 qualifying.
- After scoring in the last minute, Serbia was sent to the 2022 FIFA World Cup on 14 November 2021.
Awards & Achievements
- Serbian Super Liga 2012-13 for Partizan
- Belgian Pro League 2013-14 & Belgian Super Cup 2014 for Anderlecht
- EFL Championship 2016-17 for Newcastle United
- EFL Championship 2021-22 & EFL Championship play-off 2018,2020 for Fulham
- UEFA European Under-19 Championship,2013
- Serbian SuperLiga Team of the Season,2012-13
- UEFA European Under-19 Championship Golden Player,2013
- UEFA European Under-19 Championship Team of the Tournament, 2013
- Belgian Pro League top scorer, 2014-15
- EFL Championship player of the month, March 2018, April 2018, October 2019, October 2021
- Serbian Footballer of the Year, 2018,2022
- UEFA Nations League top scorer,2018-19, 2022-23
- Fulham Player of the Year, 2019-20, 2021-22
- PFA Fans’ Player of the Year, 2021-22
- PFA team of the year, 2019-20, 2021-22 Championship
- EFL Championship Golden Boot, 2019-20, 2021-22
- EFL Championship Player of the Season, 2021-22
As of now, Mitrovic has scored 185 goals in the League, 7 goals in the National Cup, 4 goals in the League Cup, 7 goals in the Continental, and 204 goals in total.
The net worth of this Serbian footballer is reported to be $64 million with the association of Al-Hilal. While playing in Fulham he was getting Ð 4.1 m. This net worth is the outcome of his excellence in his athletic career. The players’ net worth fluctuates over time based on their demands.
Ivica MitroviÄ is his father and Natasha MitroviÄ is his mother. As per the information, his parents were very dissatisfied with his early behaviors and they thought he would go into some criminal field. However, his association with sports has changed him a lot. Kristina Janjic is his beloved wife. They have been conjugated for a long time and the media has captured them together at many parties, and events. The followers have mentioned them as one of the cutest couples. Over the years, they have shared both their best and worst days, building a deep and loving bond and they are blessed with two children, Nadja and Luka MitroviÄ.
Social Media Accounts
On social media, Roger is very active and he has a vast number of followers. He has 593k followers on Instagram. Mitrovic’s Instagram account username is “@@aleksandar__mitrovic__45”. The fans can find him on Twitter where he has 34.8K followers. Briefly, Aleksandar Mitrovic has made his career with his hard effort and full of dedication. This international player has earned his fame more by signing with the team Al-Hilal in the Saudi Pro League. The followers are eagerly waiting to see better performance from him in the future sports field.